....and its only 5 o'clock! Its been a long few weeks. We are on week 5 of Blakes foot being broken. It will be 6 weeks this coming Tuesday! He is doing ok, slowly starting to walk with his boot but the boot is fighting back. So its still slow goings for him. The next dr. appt he has is in Feb so its another month & 1/2 of the boot. We got to see the X ray at the last appt & its just crazy to 'see' the broken bones. No pain which is good, its just uncomfortable for him in the boot.
I've been putting off all of my holiday cooking until today. I told Blake how odd that was because I am always impatient & try to get everything finished early. But this year I saved it all for today & I wish I hadn't! I was in the kitchen for ~ 3 1/2 hrs. I am happy to say that I am finished & everything turned out great. I can't wait to dig in. We are having Christmases with my family in Heber all of tomorrow & then celebrating with Blakes family on Christmas Day. :) I did have 1 minor setback today with my cooking-the microwave freaked out! Now normally this wouldn't be a huge deal but I use that thing for my timer and then we were also making chocolate covered pb crackers & we needed to melt the chocolate. All of a sudden the entire microwave shut down & we both thought we would have to go buy a new microwave. I was so irritated! Luckily Blake figured out it had just thrown its GFCI (whatever that means) & we were back up & running. Now, I'm taking a break & I'm getting take out for dinner, I am DONE cooking, HA!
Not much else news going on, things have been pretty quiet the past few weeks. I am just ready for a few days off & some good food! Anyways, hope everyone has a Merry Christmas & is safe in traveling!!
Dec 23, 2010
Tired.....
Our latest thoughts posted by Blake and Kristen Mauldin at 5:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment