Feb 27, 2008

Safe and Accounted For

I am safe! For those of you who don't know their was a shooting on campus this afternoon. How anyone can perform types of violence on others is beyond me. I was in the computer lab in the ETAS building when it occurred, we were informed we needed to stay inside. I guess the good part about this is it was not one of those massacres we hear about that take place on other college campuses. The reason I was in the computer lab was getting ready for my Estimating class, today was one of our bid days. After we received all our bid prices we had 25 minutes to prepare them and enter them into an Excel program and write them out on a bid form. We had to submit the bids at a location a good little distance away. The class was hoping due to the shooting he may move it a little closer. OOOOH no, I knew I only had a few minutes to go but I didn't want to run across campus and look suspicious, plus 230 pounds does not move to fast for long distances. Luckily got the bid in on time and was VERY winded. So to say the least I got a healthy cardio workout.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you were safe and got your bid in! Melissa g.

Anonymous said...

Mom is glad her baby boy is ok.

Misti said...

So glad to hear that you are ok!! We didn't know about the shooting until this morning on the news, we stay a little behind!! I hope Kristen didn't flip out too bad until she heard from you!! I know your mom did, haha!!