Jun 4, 2008

General update as of late

Things have been going really well. I am finally beginning to settle into my new job. As soon as I am used to my current routine (7-4) I will switch back to 8-5 which will throw everything off again. Thats ok. Everyone has been really nice & helpful. I am really enjoying it. My boss has been really great about the upcoming wedding I have (see below!) But she is really working with me for next Friday so I can leave out as soon as possible. Can you believe that? I've only been here 2 weeks!


We are getting ready for our 2nd wedding of the year, in Chicago! We are leaving next Friday & will get back (late I'm sure) on Sunday. I am really looking forward to the trip & seeing my friend (I haven't seen her since our wedding). No, I didn't get to post any pictures of the 1st wedding of the year......I was asked (& honored) to open the doors for the bride to walk down the aisle & during the ceremony I had to sit in the very last row (to open the doors at the end) and my camera was too far away to take any good pictures.


Blake is still going through Summer I, trying to finish everything up to start his sr. year. He's doing a great job, I would be so burnt out by now. I'm glad we are at least going to get away for the weekend next week. It will be a nice break. He will finish up the end of June & then have a month & 1/2 off before he starts back again. Where has the summer gone already?

We are rapidly coming up on 1 year....scary thought! Just kidding. I can't believe its really flown by like this. In September it will be 6 years that Blake & I have been together, even SCARIER thought! Yet again, kidding.

We have not been able to do anything else to the jeep lately. That is 1 project that will take awhile to finish. I think next, Blake may do a little 'tuning up' under the hood & replacing certain parts and pieces. I am enjoying owning it though. I think Blake is too. Driving it reminds me of my grandpa, 'Joe' that I lost last year, I think he'd be happy to know that we are enjoying the jeep.

Thats about all to report right now, the time I'm not at work I am busy doing other things at home, or we are always going on the weekends. Sometimes I have to remind myself to stop, take a breath, and enjoy life. I also keep thinking that soon (maybe/hopefully?) things will slow down and it won't seem as hectic but it has yet to happen. All I am interested in now is counting down to my friends wedding...........9 days left until we leave!!!!!

1 comments:

Erica said...

I'm so glad you are liking your new job!

Have fun in Chicago!!