Jun 18, 2008

Crystal & Mikes Wedding!

Better late than never! I had some issues with my camera & I wasn't able to upload the pictures until tonight. We had a great trip, it was very looong. We left out at 1 on Friday & ran into some rain in Missouri. It slowed us down a little, but we still made great time. We finally stopped at Springfield, IL around 9:45 & stayed the night (no we didn't see the Simpsons........) Saturday, we got around & left out (dressed & ready) for the wedding around 10:30 & got to the church in Aurora, IL at 2. Crystals parents were just arriving when we pulled up. We went in to wait for the ceremony to start at around 3:30. After visiting with her parents, Crystal arrived & we got to say hi. She was then rushed off to get her dress on & get ready. I was given a corsage, because I was a special guest. I was really surprised and excited. I though it was a very nice gesture.

The ceremony was at a Methodist Church & we were not allowed to take any pictures during the ceremony. So.....sorry! Crystal had a professional photog taking pictures but I don't know if she will be able to send me any. So all of our pictures are either from the trip or at the reception.

The ceremony was nice, the preacher made a lot of jokes & embarrassed Mike. After they parted the church we blew bubbles instead of having rice. The wedding party was escorted back in for pictures & Blake & I stuck around so we could follow Mike & Crystal to the reception. During the pictures, Crystals nephew Joe, informed us that she wanted some professional pictures with us. Blake & I were surprised & went in to have our picture made.

After leaving the church, we went to the reception at a Country Club. We had a great time at the reception. We were something of a celebrity when everyone found out we were the couple from Arkansas. Apparently Crystal has been telling everyone that we were coming & how much she was looking forward to it. Everyone thanked us for coming, because they knew how much it really meant to Crystal. We were seated at one of the front tables with her parents. We had dinner at the reception & one of the staff caught our attention. The gentleman was sporting a full UNIBROW. We are not talking about a few stray hairs, this man could put Bert & Ernie to SHAME! It was very interesting.

After the introduction, dinner, & cutting the cake, it was time for us to go. We needed to start driving back, so we could at least be back at a decent hour. We drove to Bloomington, IL & had to search for a hotel. The 3rd hotel (3rd time) was the charm & we found a room. We left out for Arkansas around 10 & made it back in Conway at 8:30. Needless to say, Sunday was a LONG day. I drove a little on the way back, but mostly Blake drove the entire trip. He is quite a trooper!

We had a good time & it was great to see our friends. I am very happy that Crystal & I are still friends after all this time. I was thankful that we were included in their special day and that we made her day by attending. I hope I get to see my friend again soon. I'm very glad we went!





Blake during part of his 1200 mile drive, still has a smile on his face!


Kristen driving her part of the miles, she is CLEARLY a better navigator than some (BLAKE)



Busch Stadium



Gateway International Speedway



The first White Castle we saw. We both thought it was pretty cool....too bad there was an actual meal at the wedding!



The ARCH! The Gateway to the West!! Blake took this picture while I was driving. Didn't he do a great job?!


Another picture of the Arch. It looked really cool with the sun going down & reflecting on it. I took this picture on the way to IL




The Arch & the Mississippi River. Courtesy of Blake.




Me showing off my corsage! Since I was a 'AHEM' special guest, Crystal had a corsage made for me. I think she knew Blake would look awful goofy wearing one.....



Us with the Bride & Groom! Our professional pictures with the happy couple!




Me and Crystal! Isn't she a beautiful bride? We have been friends since we were 5, I can't believe have both graduated college & gotten married. I teared up during the wedding, I just can't believe we are both at this stage in our lives.


The cakes! They had a Super Hero theme (they are both Graphic Design Artists). It was really cool because all of the tables were 'named' after different Super Heroes. In case you are wondering, we did not get a chance to stay for the cake. We had to start our drive back to AR
The Happy Couple being introduced! Blake & I were seated up front (didn't I tell you we were treated like royalty??) and I had a great shot of them being introduced!

Cutting the cake. It was a very sweet moment.

Feeding each other the all important first bite! After this sweet moment, Mike proceeded to smash the cake in Crystals face, who then retaliated & got revenge
Crystal & Mike started dating around the time Blake & I started dating. I'm really glad they found each other, they seem to be a perfect match for each other. They have also been together a long time & I know it will work out perfectly for them. Congratulations Mike & Crystal!!

2 comments:

Erica said...

I'm glad you guys had a good trip and made it home safely!

Misti said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! Glad you are back safe! Was gas crazy?!?