Aug 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Barbie!!!

Last night Blake & I went to hear my stepmom & stepgma sing in their chorus, Top of the Rock. Top of the Rock is a local chapter of a bigger group, the Sweet Adelines. It was awesome. They are an acapella group which makes awesome harmonies! They are competing in an International competition in Nashville, TN this October. So last night during Red Hot August Night we got to hear their act for competition.

For those of you who don't know, Barbie turns 50 years old this year!!! So their act was in honor of Barbie. It was so awesome. They all dressed up like different barbies & sang classics including "Its Raining Ken!!" Anyways, I forgot my camera but I was able to take a few pictures of my stepmom & stepgma. Mom went as Queen of the Rodeo Barbie & Sandy was Mae West Barbie. It was so funny. Other barbies included: Played with Barbie, Dream Wedding Barbie, John Deere Barbie, & Coke-a-cola Barbie. There are too many to mention. Needless to say, Played with Barbie had to be my favorite. She didn't have any matching clothes or shoes & her hair, well you can imagine! Ken escorted 50th Anniversary Barbie & even G.I. Joe stopped in to visit. Of course Barbies younger sister Skipper was there & even her long time friend Midge. It was great!!

I can't believe Barbie is 50 this year!!!


Jeannie (left as Queen of the Rodeo Barbie) & Sandy (right as Mae West Barbie)

Smile Barbie!!!


Great job!

0 comments: