Sep 20, 2009

There will be water if God wills it..........




......what a great quote from one of my favorite all time series, The Dark Tower, by Stephen King. And how true the saying is. We were, um, blessed with our own water this weekend, or lack thereof. Quite literally!




The weekend started out normal enough. I arrive home from work to see our neighbors yard torn apart. I didn't think anything of it other than, "Gee, look at that, you don't see that every day". So I walk in, still oblivious to any type of problem (I was on the phone at the time, so I can safely say my attention was divided at the time) and I continue inside. I mention this unusual anomaly to the person I'm on the phone with who jokingly says, "Hopefully you don't have a water leak". I laugh the comment off & say not funny! Do you see where this is going yet? You'd think I would being raised by a plumber & married to one but nope, I was in my own little world at this point.



Well, usually I will wash my hands 1st thing when I get home.....paranoid maybe of what I could possibly be bringing home from the Crime Lab, I don't know. Its just habit. So I am still on the phone going about my daily routine & I turn on the water. Or I try. There is no water. A slow smile spreads across my face & I swear a light bulb suddenly comes on above my head. I start laughing at this point & myself. So I get off the phone to go investigate the problem. Yup, there is a water leak in the water main on our street. Soooooo..........no water equals no fun. Luckily we got water back later on Friday night! BUT, of course theres a but right? But we also had/have dirt in our water (ugh, can anyone say E. coli?) and we went by the site & they've refilled the hole with dirt. But now there seems to be water seeping back up through it......so either its still leaking & we may be without water on Monday or Blake says that putting the dirt back in could've caused the water from the 1st leak to be pushed up to the top. We'll see.....its been a very interesting weekend. Side note: yup, I'm getting all caught up on laundry & all the good water related activities I may not be able to enjoy this week lol. How crazy!

0 comments: