We'll its been awhile so I thought I could update a little! Lets see, Easter we ended up spending in Heber with my family. I thought it would be nice to surprise my grandpa at church & spend a little time with him since he's been so 'sick' (ALS). But unfortunately, his ALS also causes nausea/dizziness so he wasn't up for going to church. The rest of my family decided to have Easter lunch at their house & so we got to visit with him there. Sorry, no pictures, I would rather spend time with everyone than worry about getting 'that perfect shot' and wasting time. But we had a very good time getting to visit!
We have also been talking about going camping soon....not sure when. I have been sick with allergies (surprise surprise) and Blake woke up this morning with the same problem. I know they have been saying on the news that this is the worst allergy season we've seen in awhile & I believe it. I mostly have pressure in my face which makes me feel awful. I've been able to breath, its just pain/pressure. I stayed home from work on Friday because of it but I still feel lousy. Oh well. So maybe we will get to go camping when the pollen calms down.
I have been trying out some new projects, I've already shared about my calla lilies but I have also been painting a little. Its nothing big, just kind of a fun little project which I mostly do abstract art. I think its so much fun to just space out & draw what I feel. So thats 2 projects...as if that wasn't enough I'm trying something COMPLETELY new. We have bought a shelf for some extra storage & I thought it would look better if we covered it with some curtains/fabric so we didn't have to look at everything. Can you see where this is going?? I didn't find any curtains that I liked so I set out to MAKE SOME! YIKES! But I found some really awesome fabric & I am going to attempt to make the curtains. I am honestly a little intimidated by this project but hopefully I will learn a lot & really enjoy it. I told Blake that I really like watching Project Runway & I think it would be so cool if I could learn to make the things like they do on there. I know I will not walk away with being able to do that but maybe some day in the near future?! We'll see. I don't know why I am starting all of these new projects all of a sudden, I am SO busy already but at the same time, I can't seem to say no to myself hahahaa! Anyways, thats about it for now, just keeping busy & staying sick with allergies!
Apr 11, 2010
Projects galore!
Our latest thoughts posted by Blake and Kristen Mauldin at 12:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment