Mar 30, 2010

ALS, 3 scary little letters

Just a quick post tonight. I swear, ever since we moved I feel like I have less time than I ever did before. The nights just seem to be flying by. 1 minute I am arriving home from my afternoon commute & the next minute it is time to get ready for tomorrow. I guess I do some prep work the night before so I can just get up & go at the crack of dawn, even when I'm only 1/2 awake! Its started out as an interesting week...........yesterday was not so great: someone broke into Blake's camper & stole a few things out of it. We were all pretty angry. Just a few things got taken but I guess its just the principle. Nothing that can't be replaced in the somewhat near future I guess. What really stinks is that we have been talking about GOING camping in the next few weeks so we really might have to replace all this soon. :( Oh well, don't want to dwell on it!

My gpa is still doing kinda bad. They (the P.T.B.'s aka-the Dr's) can't confirm or rule out ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease but they are 'treating' it as if he has it. I say treating but there is really no treatment for it, other than to make that person as comfortable as possible. I feel SO SO bad for him because if you knew my grandpa-then you know he is 'the candy-man' at church & a deacon & a talker! He just loves the little kids coming up to him for a treat & he always opened the church up. Always. I used to go with him when I was old enough & help him turn on all the lights & get ready to great the 1st few people as they came in. And 1 of the major symptoms of ALS is stealing his speech. Its so hard to try to understand him now & I know I get frustrated just like he does. I'm going to end this post with a quote I read on another blog because it really made sense to me. I do feel angry & want answers as to why such a cruel disease would strike my grandpa who has been nothing but a good man his entire life (and yes, I may be bias!) But anyways, I mostly want to know why. But I guess its not my position to question why. So here is the quote which hit the head of the nail perfectly.

"I know that bad things happen every day to wonderful people and so many of you question why? I question why? I don't think we can always fully understand why this side of heaven. But God is God and God is GOOD - no matter what."

0 comments: