I thought I would share a few more pictures of gpa. These were shown at the visitation & also at the church before the funeral. There are a few missing but you get the gist of it. I'm also putting this 1st picture up so you can really see it. It's me & Pa jumping on the trampoline, one of my favorite past times. I didn't even realize this picture existed until we saw the slide show. It was really awesome to see that memory was preserved.
Also, my gpa was 'the candyman' at church & he always opened up the church, waited at the front door with a smile & a piece of candy for everyone walking in the door. It wouldn't have been fitting to not have candy at the service. I found an awesome fish shaped bowl (because he obviously loved fishing) and filled it with his kind of candy. I was also able to paint the words "In loving memory of Darrell Mayhan" on the bowl. It was perfect. We had some left over candy so we were able to donate the candy & the fish shaped bowl to the church. Afterwards we had lunch at the church which was great. There was such an outpouring of love & support from everyone. There was so much food several casseroles went untouched. I know it was all going to go to waste but the food ended up being donated to the local Haven House in Heber. My aunt said they were SO appreciative. They were just shocked at how much food was donated. I told my aunt that Pa would've wanted that & would've loved knowing that the food went there to help people. All in all it was a beautiful service, the music at the graveside was lovely. Anyways, don't want to keep harping on this, just thought I'd share a little more of his wonderful life. 
May 20, 2010
The Candyman
Our latest thoughts posted by Blake and Kristen Mauldin at 7:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment