Jul 18, 2009

Vacation-Part II

We had an awesome vacation!! I'm sad its over already! We stayed a few days in Florida & then started our 'Gulf Coast Tour' on the way home. We stayed in Pensacola Beach, an island off of Pensacola. It was beautiful! We spent the day on the beach & collected so many seashells. There are way too many pictures to upload them all so these are some of my favorites. Lets see, when we were out on the beach we were sitting next to a nice couple who were diving. They let me use their net to dig for shells. While I was out scavenging for shells I stepped on a sting ray. I flipped out! I was not expecting to step on something that moved. Needless to say, I wasn't hurt & the stingray wasn't hurt. Then in the net I caught a little soft shelled crab. We didn't get any pictures of either though...The nice diving couple threw me a huge spiral shell for my collection. I was SO excited! I put it in my bag & continued hunting for shells. Blake added some shells a little bit later & noticed my huge shell had 'fallen out' of the bag. He went to put it back in & found out there was a large hermit crab in the shell who was trying to get out! I tried my best to evict him but in the end, I couldn't kill the hermit crab so I threw the shell back into the ocean.

We then went to the National Naval Aviation Museum on base. It was awesome! I took so many pictures there too. Since we decided to drive back we went to Lamberts in Foley, AL for lunch. You know, the 'home of the throwed rolls'. It was too much fun! I didn't get any pictures though, I was too busy trying everything. They just walk around with side dishes & put them on the table for you to try. I loved it! Then we saw the U.S.S. Alabama. Unfortunately, my camera battery was going out so I didn't' get that many pictures on the battleship. Anyways, we would love to go back...maybe in 2 years. We already have big plans for our vacation next year! Hope you enjoy the pictures!


Our first view of the ocean!
Part of an old bridge....not too comforting!

Heading over to the island!

We stopped for a little bit to take some pictures on the island!

Our footprints in the sand, what an awesome photo

Blake going in to 'test' the water!

Ahhh, paradise!

I've never seen a real palm tree....Blake wouldn't let me bring one home though :(



The view from our very awesome hotel! We were on the 'top' floor, besides the penthouse suite!

Thunderheads rolling in, the storm on the ocean was awesome!

Gotta have 1 picture of BOTH of us!

This was at a really cool boardwalk along the beach!

Local wildlife!

Beautiful sunsets on the ocean!

A rainbow after the shower! It was so neat to see it!

The sunset


More room views

1 comments:

Erica said...

Looke like you guys had a great vacation! I'm so glad you got to go to Lambert's!