Nov 21, 2010

All he wants for Christmas is......

......a NEW RIGHT FOOT! Had a free moment & thought I'd do a quick update! Well, 1 obvious bit of news is about Blakes foot.....he broke 3 bones in the mid-part of his foot. :( We are going to see an orthopedic dr tomorrow to hopefully get a boot and discuss the recovery & PT. He hasn't been out of the apt since last Tues & I'm sure he's going stir crazy! We are getting out tomorrow & hopefully will get to run a few errands. I've heard nothing but good things about 'boots' so I hope it will really help him get around easier & just make a lot of things easier. It really hasn't been too bad, Blakes been a model patient. The crutches were kind of an adjustment & I've learned a lot of things about having crutches in your home......as in remove all area rugs! He seems to be doing really good, virtually no more pain unless he moves his foot too much. The swelling finally seems to be going down too. But thats also part of the healing. And of course it had to be his RIGHT foot! AAARGH! So he defiantly won't be driving for quite some time. He seems to be getting around ok which is good, the 1st few days trying to learn the crutches were a little shaky (get it?!) but he is really getting around great. Hopefully in 4-6 weeks he'll be back to normal!

Other news-Thanksgiving is this week! We are attending 3 Thanksgiving meals this year. I am taking part of Wed off to get home & start on some cooking :) I am looking forward to visiting with everyone and eating all of the good food. I'm sure I say this every time but I can't believe this year is really flying by. I am just shocked that its already November! The later part of Nov. Christmas is only what ~ 32 days to Christmas?! I am still about 6 or 7 presents shy of being finished, which is bugging me to no end! But I've enjoyed shopping for gifts this year, I'm really excited about seeing everyones faces.

Works been good. I've been kind of nervous because I was basically subpoenaed for the entire month of Dec but long story short I don't have to worry about that anymore! YAY! Now I'm still 'booked' for January but I'm not as nervous about that. So I will get to just relax & enjoy the holidays instead of worrying about work. Alright I'm wrapping this up, I may do an update tomorrow about what the ortho dr. says, hopefully it will only be GREAT news!!

1 comments:

Erica said...

Hope all goes will at the doc's appointment tomorrow! Please let me know how it goes! OH AND don't forget about the picture!!!