Dec 15, 2007

Dreams

What are dreams exactly? Are they our subconscious trying to tell us something? Or are they your mind getting rid of excess information? Or is it a prediction, like desa vu? Why are all dream dictionaries different? What does it really mean when people have nightmares? I personally think, every dream means something. Our mind or subconscious trying to tell us something.....get the message out without being blunt. There are always riddles.



Thats how the Light works though I guess, I've read that somewhere. Good & evil. Just like The Stand or the Minion series. The Light will never come out and say it, it makes you work for the right answer and the right way to do things. The Dark, they will tell you whatever you want to hear, I guess. Anyways, back to dreams. I think there are dreams sent from the Light and the Dark. The Light makes you figure it out, what does this mean, how do I really feel? Makes you work for it & therefore, appreciate it more when you do find out. I don't know....all this has been on my mind. I believe when you are asleep you are very peaceful, relaxed, & also vulnerable. Therefore, messages from either side can get through.....its up to you to decide.



I have always been blessed/cursed with an overactive imagination. I can create stories and scenarios, and I used to play alone and have the most fun. I've also had very vivid dreams. Good & bad dreams. I can usually remember all my dreams. My grandma BB asked me once if I ever dreamed in color. I thought that was interesting, I had never noticed. Since then, I always make an effort to remember if I saw color or just black & white.



Lately, I've been having recurring dreams. In the dreams, I know I've 'lived' this before, but I can't figure out what is going to happen until the moment is upon me, and by then its too late. Most of the recurring dreams have been bad. I don't know how to explain it other than that. Maybe I just read too much Stephen King..........................

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreams are fascinating to me as well and I do think they sometimes have a purpose in our lives as a warning system. If you are not famaliar with the book of Daniel in the bible, you need to read it. It's an interesting read. By the way, I dream in color and I used to have a reoccurring dream when I was a little girl that a short, fat, round cartoon-like man & woman(dressed from top to bottom in western wear) would come up on my porch and either steal my crayons or break them. That dream always caused me great anxiety - ha!!