Jan 24, 2010

My new play pretty!!!!

Well, I just thought I would take this opportunity to introduce everyone to my new play-pretty! :) Long story short, my truck was having issues with keeping the brake lights working & that really wasn't safe for my travels in the metro area & we decided to trade the white truck in.

I have never had a car, I've always had trucks but both Blake & I agreed I needed something better on gas mileage. So we've been looking at cars this past week. We found a little used Toyota that I liked but when we went to the dealership it had already been sold. I had also liked the Mazda3's that I had seen so we went across to a different dealership & I saw my new car! It was a little different from the Toyota but it had a lot of features that the Toyota didn't! I defiantly wanted a sunroof and the color was basically the same. So we decided on it!

I got a 2010 Mazda3, 4 door Sdn Auto i Touring!!! The color is 'copper red mica' & it gets GREAT gas mileage! We've put ~100 miles on it driving it back from LR & showing some of the families and it still is above 3/4 of a tank which is awesome! I can't wait to drive it to work tomorrow. Some cool features I just have to share include: a hook up for my Ipod, bluetooth in/on the steering wheel (I can make calls using the speakers & totally handsfree), a sunroof/moonroof, a spoiler (which I don't really need but its cool) and of course-CRUISE CONTROL which will use tomorrow morning traffic willing.

I was so nervous about test driving a new vehicle but it drove so well. So we went in to make a deal!! Blake did an awesome job getting a great price on the car & also on the truck we were trading in. I was SO excited, I couldn't quit smiling all day. Its the first vehicle I've gotten to PICK OUT and its also the very first NEW vehicle I've ever owned. I just want to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU BLAKE, I am very super excited. Anyways, back to the car. We got some goodies for the car today & I got the bluetooth handsfree set up so I can make all my phone calls tomorrow in the car lol! I am still having a little trouble adjusting from calling it 'the truck' but I think I will do better the more I talk about it ;) So, without further ado, I present: MY NEW NEW NEW CAR!!!!!

Isn't it beautiful?!?



Side view, I was trying to include the spoiler


The proud new owner, ME!


Doesn't it just look happy to have a new home?


Last one, had to try to include the sun/moonroof!!