Have you heard about this? "Mystery object on course to whiz past Earth"???? I read the headline & just had to laugh. I love stories like this! The full article is at MSNBC's website. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34826596/ns/technology_and_science-space/
Anyways, I just thought it was fascinating because they don't know what this mystery object is but they are thinking its man made. I've heard all types of stories about space litter. Mostly satellites and other NASA junk that they have let go out there. The funny thing is about this object is that it has been around before-as in its orbiting Earth with an orbital period of 1 year, which is why they think its man made junk orbiting around us. Kind of crazy when you put it like that!
But on the other hand, the news article points out that it could be coincidence that its orbital period is just 1 year. I just love stuff like this! This SO makes me wish I worked for NASA! I also thought it was interesting that WE (as in the public) only had a 2 day warning. I'm sure NASA knew ahead of time but once it was determined it wouldn't crash into us it was released. I sure hope they have a little more warning though if something serious was going to hit.
Don't panic though, and DEFINITELY don't run to the grocery stores to stock up, it is just passing by!!
Jan 12, 2010
Mystery object to whiz past Earth.......
Our latest thoughts posted by Blake and Kristen Mauldin at 8:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment