Oct 25, 2007

1st comes love, then comes marriage.........

Ok, I'm going to be hooked, sharing my thoughts to the internet every day lol. Anyways, since this blog is about us, I figured I would finish our story.

We got engaged on September 15th, 2006 (a friday night) & then we told our families Saturday. We knew we wanted a summer wedding because its my favorite time of the year & Blake would be out of school. So that left June through part of September. I didn't want to be a June bride, and my birthday was in August. School started up before the 19th of September so that left July.

As I've already stated, I'm from Heber Springs. Up there we were all about some fireworks & the 4th of July during the summer. Millions of visitors came to Sandy Beach to see the fireworks display, the best in the state! Since that was my favorite time of year, & we thought that day would be cool we went for it! Yes, it was during the week which was an inconvience on some people but it was worth it. A lot of people suggested we get married on 7/7/07 but that just seemed really unoriginal. So as Nancy, Blakes mom, put it "We celebrated our indepence from our families on that day". It was really pretty, I still can't upload pictures but I will. It was at night & it rained. I wasn't too sad though because that is supposed to mean good luck.

I got the giggles at 1 point of the ceremony when Cary said that 'Blake would leave his mother & father...' It was hard to keep a straight face. It was great seeing all of our friends & family at the wedding. It was at the Thorncrown Chapel which I've already stated. If you want to look at their website the link is: www.thorncrown.com But anyways, it was very pretty & it was simple & elegant. Thats all I wanted.

Through the whole wedding process, I realized something: It wasn't JUST about me. It was about us. I ended up not caring if it rained or I tripped on my dress. It didn't matter, as long as by the end of the day we were married, thats all I cared about. I didn't need some fancy wedding with 10 bridesmaids & a ton of flowers, etc... I wanted something simple & thats what we got. I don't think I was too MUCH of a bridezilla during the whole process. I had my moments but they were fairly few in my (probably bias) opinion.

So now you know the whole story, start to finish. Maybe its not finished yet, it may never be finished. As someone once described love, 'Love is like the wind. Just because they are not there, doesn't mean you can't feel their love'. I would like to think love gets passed on. And love should always end in hope. To quote someone else 'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night'. Maybe we've just begun the biggest journey, our life together...................

0 comments: