Hmm that just seemed odd as a rule, not to maybe, give the audience some INTRODUCTION into our lives? Or is it our life? Where to start?
Blake & I met 5 years ago in September (we met on the 14th but claimed the 19th as our actual anniversary, long story as you will see). Blake was 20 & I was 18. I am orginally from Heber Springs & Blake is from Wooster for those of you who don't know.
I had just started college, ASU Heber & me & a friend needed to use UCA's library because ours wasn't built up enough (sad I know). Blake was working for his dad plumbing. So after studying, we went to a restaurant, because everything closes in Heber & we knew we'd go without dinner. This was around 9:30 pm on a Saturday night I believe. We went in & it was my friend & I, and 3 guys. We were the only customers they had. The restaurant closed at 10 & we were all taking our time, until the management started being rude & we took the hint. The 3 guys made it to the door before us & were gentlemen & held the door for us. We all headed to the vehicles, 1 car & 1 jeep. I was talking to my friend & I had heard the guys talking. A few minutes later, a HUGE misunderstading occured & this led to us (my friend was driving I would have NEVER followed) following the jeep trying to get them to pull over. They finally did, Blake was driving & I believe his friend Jason was sitting in the passenger seat. They had been out crusing around Conway. Jason & my friend talked for awhile & eventually exchanged numbers & it was agreed that we would double date that following weekend (actually it may have been a Thursday, the 19th).
Anyways, at the double date, I didn't know who was 'with who' and I decided I liked the "one with short hair & glasses". Blake & I have been dating ever since. The 1st date was in Conway, the 2nd we dragged them to a HSHS football game! (We mostly went to see the band which was the pride of Heber, GO LUCAS!) We got engaged 4 days before our 4 year anniversary & were married 10 months later.
My next post, because this one is getting too long, will probably be about the wedding. Better almost 4 months late than never!
ps. My Nicholas graduation blog picture was messing up (note to self, may have been user error) so I will try to repost it some other time!
Oct 24, 2007
I want to talk about....US!
Our latest thoughts posted by Blake and Kristen Mauldin at 4:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment