Apr 16, 2008

One year


Time didn't stop
The world didn't quit spinning
Life continued on

But yet time did stop
the world did quit spinning
life couldn't continue on

How could it?
After only two weeks?
Thats not enough time to get used to the idea of him being sick

Thats crazy
If you'd told me three weeks before
I'd be grieving for my grandpa I would've thought you were crazy.
This whole thing is crazy
Life is crazy
But time didn't stop
and the world didn't quit spinning
MY time stopped
MY world quit spinning
But yet, my life continued on too.
One year to the day
And I miss my grandpa as much as I did a year ago on this day
One year he's missed of my life, of my families lives
So many important things I can hardly believe he's missed
I graduated college without him cheering me on
I got married without him sitting there crying
I got my first job after college without his words of wisdom
In other words, I grew up without him there

Christmas, birthdays, Thanksgiving, everything
But all is not lost and all is not gone,
if nothing else, my grandfathers death has reminded me every day for one year
that life DOES go on and I am not going to miss it.
I just wanted to write something to remember my grandfather by. I have thought of him every day, and I probably will continue remembering him every day. I think the thing I miss most is hearing him call me Krissy. I'm very glad he lived a long life and had a loving family that cared about him so much and misses him still. I have been very blessed to have him in my life.

Without pain, there would be no healing
without tears, there would be no grieving
without sadness, there would be no love
And what is a world without love?

2 comments:

Misti said...

Kristen, I also lost my grandpa last year! These words reallly hit home for me. This was a wonderful way for you to express your love for your grandpa.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.