Apr 27, 2008

Update on us

I just thought I would post some things that have been going on this past week or so. It was a week of birthdays....literally! My new cousin Hannah arrived Monday and Miss Kate arrived Tuesday. A friend from work went into labor on Tuesday as well & her son, Blaine Watts, arrived. My grandfathers birthday would have been Wednesday (he would have been 71 if he was still alive). Then today is my dad's birthday (he is 49 if you are wondering). So, it has been a great week welcoming all the new babies!

We had a bad lightening storm in Little Rock last Tuesday & lightening struck our building at work. The ground strike hit the cable TV, Internet, it fried 2 computers & burned 2 Ethernet cables (1 on my computer). I learned a lot about the ground strike & how you can basically not protect against a ground strike with surge protectors. It was a pretty boring week at work in that respect because I had no work I could do.

Weddings are coming up, I went to my friend Rebeccas bridal shower last weekend. I had so much fun having a girls night out. Rebeccas mom & future mother-in-law both joined the party along with us & they had just as much fun if not more. They also decided us girls need to get together maybe once a month to catch up, have dinner & have a girls night. Anyways, Rebeccas wedding is 3 weeks from yesterday, the 17th & then they are going to Hawaii for a month for their honeymoon. I am so excited for her, its going to be a great vacation for them.

Then of course we have a few weddings after that which I'll post about when it gets closer. Blake & I have been sick with allergies/sinuses all weekend, thats been fun. Blakes finals are coming up so I know he will be glad when its over. Blake also signed up for classes this past week, he's getting close to being finished! Its been a pretty crazy hectic week, I can't believe its already Sunday & time to start another week. Anyways, thats just a few things that have been going on around here. I'll keep you all updated! Oh, and I haven't forgotten about posting some pictures of Hannah, my aunt sent me a picture of me holding Hannah last night but its really dark and I don't think it will show much if I put it on the blog so I'll try to get some better pictures of her this week!

0 comments: