Today at my work, my supervisors car got broken into. Apparently, she had left her purse, wallet, & laptop in her car this morning before taking a company van to a drug program. Everyone had meetings this morning & it was just me & my friend at the office. I (obviously) sit next to the door and thought I had heard several loud thuds. I dismissed it as the rain & went about my work. Our drug team members arrived back before my supervisor & noticed the damage. They came in & asked us what happened but we didn't know anything about it. After calling the supervisor & the police (hahah, seeing as how you would think we ARE the police) we surveyed the damage. Apparently, someone had taken a large rock & hit her drivers front window several times with the rock trying to get it to break. They then gave up & tried to bust out the front windshield. When THAT didn't work, they used the rock on the lock, trying to break it, but only denting the car. Finally, they were able to bust out the back passenger side window & took her laptop. I think they went through her wallet looking for cash but left all of her credit cards & license there.
Her laptop is password protected, so even when they try to use it they won't be able to get in. It was all very pointless & sad because they didn't end up gaining anything in the end. Whoever it was, was very brave seeing as how it was 9 a.m. with people in the building. I have mixed feelings about not going to check out the noise. On 1 hand, I am very glad that I didn't go look....it was just me & my friend Stacy. If he/she had had a gun, I don't know what I would've done or what would have happened. On the other hand, maybe if I'd checked then I might have stopped him/her from taking anything. I'm sure though, any & all of the damage would have been done before I got to the front door so it all worked out in the end I suppose.
No one was hurt & everything can be fixed/replaced so I guess we had better count ourselves lucky. None of the other vehicles were touched. It just makes me really nervous to work in North Little Rock. Just the same, I am going to remove any & all important things from my truck when I get to work.
Apr 9, 2008
Scary stuff
Our latest thoughts posted by Blake and Kristen Mauldin at 3:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Kristen, Thank God that you are all ok!! Things worked out just as they should. You are right, no telling what would have happened had you went out and confronted them. Don't beat yourself up about it, just count your blessings!! Be careful!!
Post a Comment