J.K. Rowling's installment of The Tales of Beedle the Bard is being made available to the public!! For those of you who don't know (and SHAME SHAME!!!), The Tales of Beedle the Bard is a book that plays a significant role in the last Harry Potter book (The Deathly Hallows). Upon completion of the H.P. series, Ms. Rowling decided to hand write 7 copies of The Tales of Beedle the Bard & auction 1 off for charity. She was not going to create any more copies for the public........until now!
Apparently, everyone in Tox LOVES Harry Potter just as much as I do. That is really exciting for me. I know Blake is happy about it too because he never knows what I am talking about when I start rambling on about H.P. but being the sweet husband he is, he always listens & asks questions :) So now, I don't have to blab all my H.P. news to him (I'm a dork, yes I know but thats ok). Anyways, a friend in Tox sent me the link to the Beedle's tales & I am very excited. The book doesn't come out until December 4th (right in time for Christmas Blake!!)
Most everyone knows I love Stephen King's writing. J.K. Rowlings works do the same thing, it is SUCH good writing. Thats what captures me, a good writer. I love foreshadowing especially something J.K. & Stephen King both offer. But anyways, back to the writing:
The Tales of Beedle the Bard are basically a set of childrens fairy tales which all have morals & try to teach valuable life lessons. 1 of the stories, The Tale of the Three Brothers, is told within the last H.P. book. There are 4 additional tales in the book. Plus there are cliff notes from the 'original owner' of the book, a main character from H.P. Anyways, I thought I would share an short excerpt from The Tale of the Three Brothers, for anyone who is interested.
"........ In time, the brothers reached a river too deep to wade through and too dangerous to swim across. However, these brothers were learned in the magical arts, and so they simply waved their wands and made a bridge appear across the treacherous water. They were halfway across it when they found their path blocked by a hooded figure.
And Death spoke to them. He was angry that he had been cheated out of three new victims, for travelers usually drowned in the river. But Death was cunning. He pretended to congratulate the three brothers upon their magic and said that each had earned a prize for having been clever enough to evade him..........."
The story goes on to explain what gifts the brothers ask for and what that shows about their personalities. More than anything, the end of the story explains what morals we should value and not to be afraid of 'Death'. But if you are interested in how the story ends or what Deathly Hallows they receive you've got to read the book! I know I can't wait for the other stories!

0 comments:
Post a Comment