I figured a general update was in order. And yes, I know 3 posts in 1 week, is quite a stretch, I'll see if I can limit posts in the future hahaha.
Blakes been in school for a few weeks, it seems to be going well. He is in his senior year & should be graduating in May! He is finally getting to take his construction classes, not just random gen ed classes which is great. I know it made a difference with me when I didn't have to take any more classes that did not seem to apply to my major at all.
I am still loving my job. Yes, in case you are wondering, I have already spilled blood and urine on myself (thank goodness for lab coats). But other than that, its going great. I have slowly been working with everyone in Tox, getting a feel for how they do their experiments differently & I've been picking up 'pieces' of things I like & make sense to me. I am currently working with the last person, Becky who is 2nd in command. My supervisor has been on vacation for the last month so she's been charting most of my training. Yesterday she told me that I was getting to the point that I didn't need anyone watching me! I'm still not 'qualified' yet to do work on my own, I have a few tests I have to take & pass before I am officially trained
We are planning a little trip to Fayettville for the Arkansas vs. Tulsa game (Nov 1st). It isn't televised BUT it is going to be homecoming & the game should be awesome. We have lower level tickets (which never happens) and we have started the countdown!
Blake & I are doing good, we have been SO busy. Hopefully soon we will settle into a routine & things will be more normal. We have been discussing the holidays which are upcoming & all that that entails. And yes, this year, snow, rain, or shine, we are making it to Searcy for our annual trip. I am looking forward to all of the holidays, with the exception of Halloween, since we will be going to the Razorback game that weekend, I won't decorate which is a little disappointing. Oh well...Thanksgiving is always hectic, this year included. Still not sure how everything is going to work out. And Christmas, I will get/take 3 days off at the end of the week which will be nice. It will be my 2nd Christmas without my Grandpa, but I'm feeling a lot better about this than I did last year. I may have finally made peace with that.............................
Today is also September 11th. I was going to put this 1st but I figured I would save it for last, a lasting impression if you will. I listen to the radio in the morning & the talk show I listen to was talking about it & about rebuilding the Twin Towers. I thought it was odd, they have all of these memorials up and fundraisers going but we just can't seem to get them rebuilt??? They have even already made a MOVIE about it but we can't seem to get them rebuilt??? That just struck me as odd. Its almost like they don't want to, it would be too messy or too much time. Oh well......then I got to thinking, its been 7 years since that happened. I'm sure most everyone remembers where they were on 9/11, I was in my senior year of high school in 1st period (Spanish). An announcement came over the intercom telling the teachers to turn on the tv's & we all just watched in mute horror. It was so terrible. And every year my heart goes out to those who lost loved ones to such a senseless tragedy. I have mixed feelings on the ongoing war, but then I remember that day, where I was, how I felt, & how the US all came together. All I want is for those 2,996 people that lost their lives to have justice & their families to have peace. I hope everyone remembers September 11th & whatever it may or may not mean to them!
2 comments:
i tagged you. details on my blog.
I tagged you too! check out my blog!
Post a Comment