I love you Renee! Blake & I had a crazy Thanksgiving schedule and we went last minute to my Dad & Jeannies house for Thanksgiving on Wednesday. During dinner, various topics were discussed & I casually mentioned the ever popular Cinnamon Challenge.
For those of you who haven't heard of the Cinnamon Challenge, let me explain. This contest entails 1 heaping tablespoon of ground cinnamon and a willing participant. The object of the challenge is to down the ground cinnamon without the aid of ANY liquids. I have never seen anyone complete this challenge. Blake & I have only seen failures.
I was teasing my younger sister, Renee, & asked her if she would be up to the challenge. This is bad idea #1. She had never seen what happens to people that try to swallow a full tbsp of cinnamon. A little bit later, the challenge was brought up again & Renee agreed to it; bad idea #2. Honestly, I didn't think she'd go through with it. Blake & I decided the front porch was better than the kitchen. We had a glass of water ready just in case she needed it. Before we could get our camera phones out to tape her she downed the cinnamon. You would think this would taste some what sweet. It apparently does not.
Within seconds of putting the cinnamon in her mouth, tears were falling down her cheeks. Jeannie & I were standing right in front of Renee, the rest of the family were off to the side. Renee coughed, and a cloud of cinnamon came out of her mouth & nose. She gagged, & Jeannie & I responded by jumping back. At this point I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. We started yelling at her to take the water, to take a drink. She was very stubborn & wouldn't. After gagging a few times, she finally managed to get the cinnamon down & we all applauded her.
Needless to say, I felt really bad the rest of the night. After apologizing & getting Renee a drink & some ice cream, I didn't feel like I'd done enough. We played a game of Renee's choosing & the rest of the night I heard about how her throat was on fire. She was a good sport & said the challenge was hilarious.
This is not a sympathy post, this is a "RENEE SURVIVED THE CINNAMON CHALLENGE & LIVED TO TELL THE TALE!" post.
CONGRATS RENEE & I'M VERY PROUD OF YOU & STILL FEEL TERRIBLE!
Nov 23, 2007
The Cinnamon Challenge
Our latest thoughts posted by Blake and Kristen Mauldin at 3:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment