My job is very rewarding at the Arkansas Sheriffs' Association (ASA). I get to call schools around the state & set up drug awareness programs. There are 2 programs, P.C. the Patrol Car with K-3rd grade and a slide show for 4th - 6th. I also call the local Sheriff's Departments and try to get a uniformed officer to the programs.
Usually when I call to schedule the schools I end up speaking with the Counselor or the Principal, somewhat intelligent people I would hope. They usually ask really good questions. Usually........But yesterday, one Counselor asked me a question I hadn't been asked before and therefore; I didn't have an answer prepared: "Do you know McGruff the crime dog?" I tried not to laugh as I answered, "Not personally". The counselor was very embarrassed about her choice of words. I laughed at it the rest of the day. So I now have my answer ready the next time I am asked if I know McGruff.
Another alarming question I receive is about our Program Reminders. After the program is scheduled, a reminder is sent out to the school. It JOKINGLY says, "Something will arrive at your school in a few days, please don't throw it out". And then goes on to tell about the dates and times of the programs. I have had schools call and say they have never received their package from the ASA and they are concerned. I then have to explain it was a joke & that P.C. arriving for the program would be the package. And these are the people educating students??
Nov 14, 2007
Work Concerns.....
Our latest thoughts posted by Blake and Kristen Mauldin at 8:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment